- VeMUlator PRO is a SEGA Dreamcast Visual Memory Unit (VMU) emulator, which is capable of playing standalone mini-game files (.vms and .dci) and mini-games found in flash memory dumps (.bin) used in various SEGA Dreamcast emulators such as reicast and NullDC.
VeMUlator PRO Dreamcast VMU Emulator Feature’s
- Can run most known homebrews and official mini-games.
- Gamepad/controller support.
- Supports saving/writing to (.bin) flash files, so when a mini-game saves its progress, it is instantly saved to flash memory dump file (If flash save option is enabled from Settings.)
- Can run most common file extensions: .vms, .bin, .dci.
- Various screen colours for the user to choose from.
- Supports High-Level Emulation (HLE), which means it does not require the VMU BIOS to work, though it will be used if it exists (More recommended.)
- Written from scratch using native Android API.
- Has 5 built-in homebrew mini-games (Approved by their developers): Flappy Bird, Pacman, Tetris, Snakey, Vision
How To Use
Place your VMU ROM files in “VeMUlator/roms/” located in your internal phone storage, then launch VeMUlator and choose the game to start it.
If you want to play flash memory dumps from reicastemulator, enable “Search reicast default save directory”option from the Settings and set the directory of reicast’s system folder (Which contains the flash dumps), then from the main menu, choose the flash file (That ends with “.bin”) to start the game it contains.
If you have the VMU BIOS (VMU_BIOS.bin file), you can place it in “VeMUlator/” folder so the emulator would detect it and use it, it is recommended to use the BIOS if you have it to prevent unexpected bugs/glitches.